Bacardi, the world’s largest family-owned spirits company, announces the launch of Mix Lab an innovative app that gives cocktail lovers the experience of a well-crafted cocktail at-home and the ability to create personalized cocktail recipes based on the ingredients they have on hand. The platform also offers opportunities for bartenders to showcase their expertise, while building their name and reputation.
Born out of people’s lack of inspiration and confidence in making a cocktail from home, Mix Lab is perfect for cocktail enthusiasts of all levels who, due to the pandemic, have been inspired to become “at-home bartenders.” This has been made evident by the spike in internet searches for “easy cocktail recipes” throughout 2020, resulting in 40% of U.S. consumers being interested in make-at-home cocktail kits (Nielsen CGA 2020 survey). Furthermore, the latest 2021 Cocktail Trends Report from Bacardi highlights that one in four people in the U.S. say they are now making cocktails at home, and one in five people in the U.K. are hosting virtual gatherings from their homes, indicating that the trend of at-home drinking and cocktail-making kits is set to continue into 2021 and beyond.
Mix Lab serves as a one-stop-shop for this expanding community of cocktail lovers, with ultra-personalized recipe recommendations, easy-to-follow video tutorials from expert bartenders and in-app product purchase (currently only available in the U.S.) all in one place. The tools needed for a delicious and simple, yet customized cocktail, are right at the user’s fingertips, and made possible by the following features:
- My Bar Tool: Provides recipe recommendations based on the ingredients users already have on hand, enabling them to create a personalized cocktail at-home. Simply add in your ingredients and watch the recipes appear.
- Vast Library of Recipes: Users have access to over 300 cocktail recipes (and growing!) by their favorite bartenders so they can browse and try a cocktail that matches their preferences. Cocktails range from classics like a French 75 and a Moscow Mule to more unique concoctions like a Chai Old Fashioned.
- Ultra-Personalized Recommendations: Utilizes an AI-driven recommendations engine that suggests cocktail recipes based on the user preferences selected when creating their profile, curating personalized options based on what they like, while removing any suggestions they don’t.
- In-App Purchases + Online Delivery (via Thirstie): Gives users in the U.S. an easy way to stock up on ingredients for at-home cocktail creations.
- Gifting Shop: In the U.K., Mix Lab hosts a gifting site where consumers can shop for their favorite spirits and alcohol gift sets.
Developed by Bacardi with both the consumer and the bartender in mind, the app allows users to master and experiment with mixology from the comfort of their homes. Furthermore, Mix Lab was designed to give bartenders a platform to share their craft, grow their reputation and gain a following of cocktail enthusiasts by adding their own recipes and uploading video tutorials for users. This past year, the bartending community has struggled as bars and restaurants shut down due to the pandemic, and Mix Lab serves as an innovative way for consumers to show support for this community by trying out their cocktail recipes and “liking” and “sharing” their favorite bartenders.
“We know that there are many cocktail fans out there who simply lack the confidence to mix a better drink at home — a situation that only became more evident while people stayed safe at-home this past year,” said Katie Kirkpatrick, Global Senior Director, Bacardi Owned Platforms. “We created Mix Lab to help people and arm them with the tools they need to master mixology without hesitation. When designing Mix Lab, we also made it a priority to continue to support the bartending industry by giving them a platform to practice and share their craft with fellow cocktail enthusiasts — something more important than ever during the pandemic.”
For seven generations, family-owned Bacardi has worked endlessly to grow a business that directly reflects what consumers and bartenders need and want. As the company celebrates its 159th anniversary with Founder’s Day this month, Bacardi is continuing to prioritize innovation and hopes its latest product inspires confidence and new recipes for those who are interested in mixology. Mix Lab is now available to download for free on iOS and Android. For more information, visit www.mixlabcocktails.com.
Source: Bacardi Limited
Photo: ©iStockphoto | santypan